I am available as an expert witness worldwide. I have acted in this capacity numerous times.
A few highlights;
1. HO SPORTS (1984) – worked for Herb O’brien designing skis and the adjustable fin and fin clamp. 2. SCHNITZ SKIS (1987-1998) – owned own ski company which built high end skis, fins and wings. 3. GOODE SKIS/GOODE TECHNOLOGY CENTER – opened and ran the GOODE TECHNOLOGY CENTER in Orlando, Florida doing research and coaching. 4. PRESENT – owns www.waterskidailynews.com, a water ski related website which features articles on safety, coaching, technology, news and waterski related products.
1. HO SPORTS – “THE ADJUSTABLE FIN AND FIN CLAMP,” headed up the team that developed the HO Extreme. 2. SCHNITZ SKIS – Personally designed and built the presses, molds, skis, fins, wings, etc… 3. GOODE SKIS – Helped design the “adjustable fin clamp,” “heel lift,” and “ski flexes.” 4. FISHER SKIS – Worked on the design team for the Fischer Slalom water-ski. Aided in the design and testing of the ski and fin assembly.
1. “THE WING” (1979) – sold on every high end water ski in the world today and holds all the world records for the last 20 years. 2. “THE ADJUSTABLE FIN” (1983) - sold on every high end water ski in the world today and holds all the world records for the last 20 years. 3. “ANGLE GAUGES” – use to measure wing angle. 4. “CALIPER MEASURING PROCESS”- utilized for fin set-up.
1. EP SKIS (1980’s) 2. KIDDER SKIS (1980’s) – Won first national championship in 1984 on a KIDDER. 3. SCHNITZ SKIS (1987 through 1997) – won the 1987 and 1990 National Championships on his own skis and broke numerous Regional and National records. 4. GOODE SKIS (1990 – PRESENT) – still gives input to Dave Goode and tests new ideas and designs. 5. FISHER SKIS – briefly skied on them during their short foray into the water-ski market place.
AWARDS AND RECORDS
US National Champion – (1984, 1987, 1990, 1999, 2000) Senior World Champion – (2000) Muliiple State, Regional and National Records in Men II, Men III and Men IV
1. Chris Parrish (Former World Record Holder) 2. Lucky Lowe (Former World Champion) 3. Kim Laskoff (Former World Champion) 4. Thierry Malhomme (Former World Champion) 5. Mike Ferraro (World Champion Coach) 6. Patrice Martin (Former World Champion) 7. Clementine Lucine (Former World Champion) 8. Kristi Overton (Former World Record Holder) 9. Jeff Rodgers (Former World Record Holder) 10. April Coble (Former US Open Women Slalom Champion) 11. Drew Ross (Former Pro Skier) 12. Jaret Llewellyn (Former World Overall Champion) 13. Chuck Forrest (8 time consecutive US National Champion) 14. Countless other US and International Champions and Record Holders
Contact: Steven A. Schnitzer at 1-561-346-4933 / email sschnitz at mindspring dot com (sorry about the email but web spiders spam me).
I worked for many of the water ski manufacturers doing testing and research. I ran my own water ski manufacturing business for 10 years. I have competed in water skiing since 1977 winning the National Slalom Championships 5 times and the Senior Worlds once (the only time I competed in it). I was ranked #7 one year in Open Men's Slalom and #10 another. I am the editor of Water Ski Daily News, an online publication since 1998 which serves to educate the water ski community on water skiing technique, equipment, boats, boating, products and safety. I am a highly sought after water ski coach and have traveled around the world working with skiers and setting up their skis. I invented 2 products which are on every competition water ski in the world today. I am a highly sought after expert witness in this field with experience unmatched by anyone.
My first career was in the Auto Body business. I worked as a collision and frame technician, a painter, owned my own shop, ran dealership shops, etc for almost 18 years. As a collision repair and/or frame technician, I always had to figure out how the accident occurred so I could reverse the process. This can be very instrumental in automobile and trucking accident reconstruction. I sat across the table from insurance adjusters for many of these years.
I am a piece work photographer for WaterSki Magazine and possess some of the finest cameras and lenses available.
I have a Florida Real Estate License.
Keywords; Accidents and Safety, Aging, Appraisal, Author and Writer, Automotive, Boating, Coaching, Insurance, Motor Vehicle Accident, Occupational Safety and Health, Personal Injury, Photography, Product Design, Product Development, Product Liability, Real Estate, Ski Breakage, Ski Defects, Ski Handle Injuries, Skiing Injuries, Ski Rope Entanglement, Sports, Testing, Training, Workplace Safety.